Last night, Marnie asked if me if I was going to begin my playoff beard. I simply turned to her, smiled, and cackled maniacally. You know it.
Chris – Day 1
It’s been at least two years since I’ve been this clean shaven as I’m normally sporting a goatee. But figuring it’s proper playoff beard etiquette to start on a fresh playing field, I shaved that bad boy off along with my weekend beard (yes, I’m lazy on weekends). And then I went and advertised on twitter – seems I’m not the only one doing the beard.
So always having been one for some friendly competition, I’ve officially opened the Canucks 2010 Playoff Beard Challenge. To participate, simply take a picture of your beard from Day 1 through to the end of the Canucks playoff run and share it with the world. How to share you ask? Well, you can do one of the following:
And what would a challenge be without rules?
The Rules of the 2010 Canucks Playoff Beard Challenge
- You don’t talk about Beard Club.. err.. the Challenge.
- You don’t talk about Beard Club.
- If you can’t do the beard, commit to something and stick to it (special ritual, personal habit, etc.). We’re here at the Challenge do not discriminate against those who can’t/don’t/won’t grow facial hair.
- Once you’re in, you’re in. Unless you’re not. We’re not that hardcore. But keep in mind the idea of a playoff challenge is to keep it going – and Lord knows we’ll make you feel shame should something untoward happen to the Canucks in the post-season AFTER you quit.
- The wishes of your significant other do not trump Beard Club. In fact, you should encourage him/her/it to heed the call to challenge and join up.
So are you in? And anything you care to add?